JPJ Website
  Information All About JPJ


  Home  >>  Malaysia JPJ Offices  >>  Selangor JPJ Offices  >>  Petaling Jaya JPJ Office  





Official Malaysia Travel Information Portal


Vietnam Travel Information Official Website


JPJ Petaling Jaya  




Pejabat JPJ Petaling Jaya
Address : Jalan Sultan
46620 Petaling Jaya
Telephone : 03-7960 9440  
Fax : 03-7956 4230  
Email :
Office Hours : Monday - Thursday : 7.45 am - 5.00 pm (1.00pm - 2.00pm closed for lunch break)
    Friday : 7.45 am - 5.00 pm (12.15 pm - 2.45 pm closed for lunch break)
Remarks : Counters for road tax and driving license renewal remain open during lunch break.
Driving License FAQs

Q: Is the Probationary Driving License (P License) can be converted to Competent Driving License (CDL License) one month earlier before the expiry date?
A: As according to procedures, application to converted the P License to CDL License only can be done within 7 days before the expiry date. You have 1 year to do the conversion after expiry date.



Q: My Learning Driving License (L License) had expired for more than 2 years, can I still able to renew it and do the practical test?
A: L License may be renewed for a period of 3 or 6 months but not beyond the aggregate of 2 years from the date of issuance. If beyond this period, the candidate must repeat all elements of training and test to obtain the new L License.

Q: How long will my license lapsed if not renewed?

A: 1 year for the P License and 3 years for CDL License.

Road Tax FAQs

Q: Can I renewed my road tax in advance?
A: Road tax can be renewed 2 months in advance prior to expiry date.

Q: Road tax for my vehicle had expired for more than a year, what are the procedures to renew it again?

A: If the road tax of the vehicle not been renewed for more than a year, the vehicle should be taken to Puspakom to do the vehicle inspection. Inspection Report (B2) will be issued. The owner / representative of the vehicle must be present to JPJ Office together with the B2, original vehicle registration certificate and payment to 're-activated' the road tax.

Q: Road tax for my vehicle had expired for more than a year, I need to take my vehicle to Puspakom for inspection, can I drive there?
A: The owner / representative must make the application for a temporary traveling permit for your vehicle at JPJ Office. Please made sure that you have purchased insurance for your vehicle before you submit your temporary traveling permit application.

General JPJ FAQs

Q: Do I need to inform JPJ if I have changed my vehicle's colour?
A: Yes. As required by section 12 (2) APJ 1987, the registered owner of a motor vehicle shall immediately inform the licensed registrar (JPJ) in writing of any circumstances or events that affect the resolution of any entry in the registered in respect of motor vehicles.

Q: Do I have to change the vehicle registration certificate to my name if I bought a  used vehicle?
A: Yes. As required by section 13 APJ 1987, which is procedures regarding the exchange of possession of motor vehicles stating that the registered owner shall, within seven days after the change of possession, forward to the licensed registrar (JPJ), a statement in the prescribed form and shall submit to the new owner of the certificate of registration in relation to the motor vehicle.


Home  |  About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |

All Rights Reserved ©  2011 - 2015